THE RENAISSANCE PROGRAM: EXTENDING SERVICE LIFE WHILE STILL PROVIDING
Each and every Demers-branded ambulance is designed and engineered to perform beyond the call of duty and exceed customer expectations in term of durability and reliability. Demers Ambulances also understands that the cost of a brand-new unit might be out of the reach of those with limited budgetary means. To these customers, Demers Ambulances offers the Renaissance Program, a high-quality lower-priced alternative.
When a Demers Ambulances unit chassis has reached the end of its service life, the conversion module may be removed, refurbished and remounted onto a current model-year chassis. The result is a vehicle commonly referred to as a "remount" ambulance. It offers top-end performance and reliability. A "remount" unit meets the same standards and specifications as a brand new unit while costing a fraction of the price.
A modular ambulance "remount" involves a number of steps. Each step is designed to restore the existing vehicle to its original operating condition. All this is done while keeping product safety a top priority. Based on minimum requirements, which can be upgraded, the process includes the following operations:
- overall inspection of the existing ambulance module;
- evaluation of its structural integrity;
- checklist of work to be completed on unit;
- removal of the module's exterior and exterior components;
- dismount of module from its original chassis;
- repainting of the module and exterior doors;
- replacement and repair of any worn or damaged parts;
- inspection, repair or adjustment of the anchor points to fit the new chassis;
- inspection and repair and/or upgrade of worn or damaged module;
- electrical components;
- driver cabin electrical components;
- doors' exterior components;
- replacement and upgrade exterior lighting and emergency lights;
- replacement of;
- each safety belt assembly;
- safety net and head seat;
- existing polycarbonate cabinet windows as indicated;
- existing floor covering as indicated;
- existing vinyl and upholstery as indicated;
- application of lettering and graphics to match existing fleet;
- final overall inspection and road test.
Demers Ambulances can remount any of its existing Type I and Type III
ambulance, and ensure a significant cost reduction when compared to a
brand new unit while still providing its customers unequalled OEM-quality
To find out more about the Renaissance Program or to schedule an appointment for a module remount, simply contact our team of experts.